Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 1 - My First Day of Pet Battling

10 Days of Pet Battles topic from The Daily Frostwolf - Druid Edition.

I can sort of cheat a bit. I replied to Navimie when she originally posted these. I am a little late... but Navi isn't done yet so I might just finish this race before her! 

I didn't love it. Yup, I did not love pet battles. I was 90 when I finally decided it was time to stop ignoring those little green paws. I started with my Azure Whelpling (Mindy) in Stormwind and ran around leveling for a little while. I wasn't impressed with the limited information on the standard UI and I felt guilty that I wasn't doing something more productive with my game time.


While updating addons a few days later I found some that looked quite handy for pet battling. I installed them and went to have another shot between BG queues (turns out pet battling between queues doesn't work out very well, I missed a lot of queues!) I could see quality and the location of every pet on the map. I still wasn't hooked but I had always been a pet collector so I knew I had to work on it for every pet and achievement.

I really started to enjoy it when I began the tamer quests, it added something else aside from running around looking for rares (which we all know is tedious at the best of times). I made sure I did my dailies/heroics before I ventured off to find pets each day. My first rare was a Fawn caught in Elwynn Forest and I realised I couldn't stop until I had every rare.



I don't even want to think about how things would be now if I had decided I didn't want to pet battle after the first day!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you caught the Pet Battle Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, now that I think about it I didn't really get into it either until I got addons. Once I could make teams and save them I was hooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing some scenarios the other day without addons, I don't think I enjoy the game without them! I need them!

      Delete
  3. You guys are all backwards to me! I did it before I levelled! It was good though back then because there was no competition because hardly anyone had high level pets except for me.

    ReplyDelete