Monday, July 15, 2013

Wings in Our Future?

Disclaimer: Before you read this, don't get excited. It's wishful thinking!

When I first read about the Blizzard 'pet' store exploring the possibility of selling an XP buff for certain regions and then the announcement of transmog helms, I started thinking about the other things that might become available with the introduction of more micro-transactions. I remembered a post from a couple of years ago on MMO-Champion for April Fools Day.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion:

Wings of Chaos and Divine Wings on the Blizzard Store
It seems that the next in-game item from the Blizzard Store went online today for a short moment before it was taken down by Blizzard. It will most likely be available on live servers very soon and we had time to gather most of the information on them.
  • Each set of wings costs $19,99 and can be bought separately.
  • You can buy both sets for $29,99.
  • Just like any Flying mount, the wings require Expert Riding and their speed will scale up to 310% depending on your riding skill.

Pics from MMO-Champion

As far as the XP buff and the transmog helms go, I am not really interested... but wings? Ok, Blizz would be getting some more of my money!

17 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the Diablo 3 Wings for having Collectors Edition of D3 and S2. I really like those ones. But I like this idea of using them to fly in this old April Fool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they would be a bit prettier than these but I love the idea of wings!

      Delete
  2. OMG I am making a post about the store too! You are such a mind reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to make a post about the challenge mode bug too!

      Delete
    2. But I'm not a big fan of wings tbh. I dunno why. Maybe just not on my tauren. The whole holy cow thing is too cheeesy - I dont' even like the idea of tauren priests.

      Delete
    3. When Veluxia was a Tauren, it was so weird. They are too big to be priests! When my Tauren Paladin pops her wings, it's kind of cool but they are so tiny and dainty and she is so... big and clumsy! I kind of only really like Tauren healers as Druids, anything else seems unnatural! I do like my pally though, she is a tank. :D

      Delete
  3. Pallys have wings....sadly, they don't make us fly =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Druid doesn't want them as she has wings but everyone else would so pay for these! Flying Warlocks, doesn't get any better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that April fools joke. I especially like the look of the white wings and can see using them on my priest for sure. Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mounts would become very neglected though, I imagine. For now it's probably good we can't buy wings!

      Delete
  6. replica bags manila hop over to this site a5w03b3j57 best replica bags online 2018 websites i7a26y3l27 replica louis vuitton handbags replica bags manila find this n7n40b3y85 louis vuitton replica replica bags in china

    ReplyDelete